News Ticker
Server address: mcnoobs.info Vote daily for ingame rewards! Participate in our monthly polls! Leave a Suggestion for new features!

The Desert Bolts remarks for a Ban Appeal and other issues related

THE DESERT BOLT

I guess the time to write a ban appeal has come!

lets start with the basics first: 

• subjects in question: The Desert Bolt, Smspc , joswahlol
  • The Desert Bolt was banned by smspc 
  • Smspc's reasoning for the ban: "disrespecting staff
  • event occurred due to a dispute over land ownership on a Minecraft server 

To give some background on the subject I will first cover the reasoning for the dispute in the first place according to my understanding.

I went searching for a ocean monument so I could start acquiring sea lanterns for my tower I was constructing. To find the ocean monument I payed for a map from a cartographer villager. using the map I arrived at a open field. Figuring the new world generation noobcraft uses was conflicting with the naturally spawned structures I concluded the structure must be underneath the earth and with no entrance to the monument itself I made my own digging in to the earth. Once inside I was able to see the monument surrounded by water but encased in the ground. Everything was untouched and in perfect condition! I would have never found it without that map! Well I got to work with some friends on getting the shards but first we needed to drain the monument.

After days on the job of draining the monument we found it particularly difficult to work on due to the strange phenomena of the monument being in a big stone box causing all the guardians to spawn in huge quantity's making it very lethal to get caught in the water for anymore than 4 seconds. Amazed by the strangeness of the phenomena we invited a few others to see it. Well I guess it did not take long for the word to get out and others wanted in on the action because without warning I log on to the server to find all 16 chunks I bought of the monument to be missing (unclaimed).

Angered that I would have to buy all the land back and that someone was messing with it in the first place I reported it to the reports channel for griefing. I was informed that an admin named Smspc had taken my ownership of the land away because someone named Joswahlol told him that the land was public, saying he had posted coordinates to it weeks ago somewhere. Being a new player to the game by a week or two and not knowing Smspc or Joswahlol I figured that Joswahlol was just trying to steal my ocean monument on false claims or lies, naturally I asked for a picture of the document he had posted. If it's on discord it would have the date and time of posting proving Joswahlols claims and justifying Smspcs actions. Unfortunately I never was shown the document that I requested from Smspc. Smspc in a private direct message on discord told me to take it up with Joswahlol. However Joswahlol is not the one that removed my land claims and certainly would not be the one who would be able to return them, him not being an admin and all so I figured I would rather Smspc justify his reasons for taking my land by showing me proof of it being a public area. After insisting that he should present me with the document he let his temper get the best of him and started to vaguely threaten me, inferring that bad things would happen to me if I did not stop asking for the document. Taken back by his hostility and unprofessional conduct and angered by him using his position as a way to enforce whatever he wants; I saw that I would not be able to accomplish anything by speaking with him and determined taking it up with another admin would be a better course of action. Not wanting to have to put up with anymore of Smspcs threats I told him to "piss off" while I find another admin to sort this out with. 

I would never get the chance because Smspc cut off all my communications by banning me from the discord server as well as the Minecraft server then blocking me on discord. Although Smspc misunderstood the meaning of piss off it being go away, not send me away. I never got a clear ban warning from him and he did not check to see if I knew being blocked from all Noobcraft media was what he intended to do. And so I find my self here!

A flawed ban

Smspc banned me for disrespecting staff however I never disrespected staff on any Noobcraft server, discord and Minecraft alike. I believe Smspc found my instructions to "piss off" disrespectful but this comment never took place in any Noobcraft server. Seeing that Noobcraft doesn't own discord private messages so it technically disrespecting staff never occurred as far as Noobcraft is concerned. Smspc is not an administrator of the private messages he doesn't work for discord. My "piss off" message is not directed to smspc the Noobcraft staff member I am not addressing the staff I am telling it to Smspc the person just him and me as people privately and all messages in a private conversation should stay private and have nothing to do with Noobcraft.

Other related issues of great importants

• I saw a post of a conversation between Joswahlol and Smspc on the matter before the fiasco in which Smspc tells Joswahlol that you can claim technically anything. (this basically showing I have the right to own the monument)
  • My friends invited me to the server in the first place, and being the good friends that they are, tried to help me out with my ban appeal. It would seem like the right thing to do however Smspc removed the ban appeal minutes after my friend posted it then threatened to ban my friend in their private messages also saying he would have problems with them to if they helped me out. 
  • Smspc planed to destroy my structures now without giving me the chance to repeal the ban. There is no need for this there are many other plots of land for others to claim. And I do plan on coming back!

Picture evidence and documentation:

1.unknown.png

2.2020-09-21_16.13.21.png?width=1204&heigh

3.awfjyhvlfa.PNG?width=1226&height=677

4.unknown.png

Blackmail.PNG

5.2020-09-18_23.43.11.png?width=1204&heigh

6.2020-09-21_16.28.41.png

7.2020-09-19_23.04.31.png

In conclusion The Desert Bolt having poured numerous hours in to this server and being a productive member getting banned on vague or otherwise unrealistic and false charges to my understanding. I would like to first off have Smspc stop harassing and threating my friends, and have my ban removed.

Also for future reference it might be a good idea to have two admins look at a case before banning someone so it is not based on one mans prejudice against the someone in question.

• Smspc locked this topic

After reviewing the appeal I am sorry to inform you that the appeal is denied.

The player (Desert Bolt) had been given an opportunity from Sms to talk the through the issue with Jos, but continued to not only push forward with getting staff involved.  After not getting the result he wanted told a staff member to "Piss Off."  To further worsen the slight insult.  Desert's friends had to third party the situation and blow up the discord and disrupt our community.

Lastly, There is no apology at all written in this appeal.  A simple apology goes a long way, and the lack of one only tells me that Desert has not learned his lesson.

• Smspc unlocked this topic

Imagine putting that much effort into squeezing that much content into a thread...

...only to find that you've forgotten to use the ban appeal template... which literally every other appeal has

#epicfail

• Like 2